Sunday, July 22, 2012

..a few words.

I have to tell ya, I love walking around the land that people have bought. I love to hear about the hopes and dreams that were the original motivations for buying the land. If you really are in tune with the land that you buy, that feeling that you have while you are on that land is the 'energy' of the land. That positive energy is the result of the rightful steward of that piece of land coming in contact with that land. It is really neat to see that in the landowners that I meet with. We sit on the land and we discuss the design of their home. The fact that the home should never be what the designer/or architect feels is right for the land, but what the land feels is right for the land. The house that is to replace the trees that were removed and so on and so forth. I wonder if you know what I am talking about. If you do, then I applaud you. If you do not know what I am talking about, then I challenge you to slow down a tad in life and see if you can notice that certain something that makes your special piece of land seem like a long lost friend when you come in contact with it.

I have been visiting property that people own every week now. The pieces of property that people are finding are amazing! The property ranges in size from an acre to 100's of acres! Every place that I have been is incredible, not just because the uniqueness of land, but also because the land fits the people that own it! Every single place that I have been, the landowners have the same story. "We just knew it when we saw it..." Isn't that incredible?! The true stewards of those pieces of property have finally found their home! I step onto their land and it seems like I have been there before, and I am now forced to set the alarm on my phone so that I can not wear out my welcome wandering around their land...have you ever felt that? I know that every person that I have talked to has..

OK, are ya tracking still? My point up to now, is that I believe that the true stewards of land are drawn to the piece of property that they belong on. It is their responsibility to obtain the land, use the land, love the land, and leave it in a better condition than they found it in for the next steward.

With that said, can you imagine your dream derailing? It is everyone's fear. If you ask around, it won't take you very long to hear about a story where the homeowners became upset with the design and build team during the building process. I have heard stories recently of homeowners who can not get their designers to even listen to them about what they want. Can you imagine having someone else's energy diluting the very energy that attracted you to your piece of land? It happens. People drive up their driveways and pull into a place that is just a house sitting on a piece of land, instead of pulling into their 'home'. A mixing of energy and a confusion to the true stewards of the land..

I wanted to mention this as a reminder that things can go badly if you do not gather a proper team to build a project. Problems occur when only a few companies exist to do certain things on a home..because of this, we are all forced to add the wrong energy to our team. I never saw this before. I believe now that things do happen for a reason and that the right people will be brought together somehow to achieve similar goals. If you feel like you are building someone else's dream while you are building your own, chances are the building process will be incredible and the home that is ultimately built will not only be well built and a compliment to a healthy lifestyle on an amazing piece of property, it will have that same feeling that the land has. Do you know what I mean? My hope is that you do...

If you have an incredible story of how your piece of land and you came into contact, email me and tell me the story! It's fascinating!

Stay tuned for documentaries over the next few years that chronicle true stewardship of the land....

All the Best!!

AB

No comments:

Post a Comment